THE FOREST POLICY OF SARAWAK IS TO PROVIDE A SET OF GUIDELINES ON FOREST MANAGEMENT:
- To reserve permanently sufficient land for the benefit of the present and future generation;
- To manage the productive forests of the Permanent Forest Estate with the objectives of obtaining the highest possible revenue compatible with the principle of sustained yield and with the primary objectives set out above;
- To promote, as far as may be practicable, thorough and economical utilisation of forest products on land not included in the Permanent Forest Estate, prior to the alienation of such land;
- To foster, as far as may be compatible with the prior claims of local demands, a profitable export trade in forest produce;
- To foster by education and publicity the value of forest among the public and to provide training for the field of forestry and forest industry;
- To ensure a regular and uninterrupted source of funds for the advancement of forestry in the State.