LAWS OF SARAWAK
WILD LIFE PROTECTION ORDINANCE, 1998
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title and commencement.
3. Appointment of Controller of Wild Life and other officers.
4. Functions and duties of Controller.
5. Delegation of functions and duties by the Controller.
6. Functions and duties of Chief Wild Life Warden.
7. Functions and duties of Wardens and Rangers.
8. Honorary of Wild Life Ranger.
9. Special Wild Life Committee.
WILD LIFE SANCTUARIES
10. Constitution of Wild Life Sanctuary.
11. Procedure for constituting a Wild Life Sanctuary.
12. Rights or privileges.
14. Inquiry or privileges.
16. Rights or privileges admitted, etc.
17. Assessment of compensation.
18. Decision on compensation.
21. Constitution of Wild Life Sanctuary over Forest Reserve.
22. Effect of notification.
23. Alienated land.
24. Acts prohibited in Wild Life Sanctuary.
26. Controller or authorized officer to exercise powers to evict.
27. Termination of Wild Life Sanctuary.
28. Right to protect wild life in special areas.
PROTECTION OF WILD LIFE
29. Totally protected animals and protected animals.
30. Totally protected plants and protected plants.
31. Licence to import and export wild animals and wild plants.
32. Use of mist nets.
33. Commercial sale of wild mammal, etc.
34. Prohibition against purchase of wild animals, etc.
35. Licence for breeding of wild mammals, etc.
36. Display and production of licence.
37. Possession of wild mammal, etc.
38. Onus of proving lawful acquisition.
41. Destruction of dangerous or wounded animals.
42. Right of defence of person and property.
43. Recognizable parts or derivatives of animal and young animals found.
44. Prevention of cruelty to wild animals.
PROVISIONS AS TO PROCEDURE AND TRAILS
45. Power of arrest and search.
46. Power to hold inquiries and require attendance.
47. Power to compound offences.
48. Power to seize property.
49. Seizure of property when offender cannot be found.
50. Disposal of property.
51. Double penalty in certain cases.
52. Who may prosecute.
53. Protection of informers from discovery.
54. Rewards of informers.
55. Power to make rules and orders.
56. Repeal and saving.
Part I - Totally protected animals.
Part II - Protected animals.
Part III - Animals which may be imported or exported under licence.
Part I - Totally protected plants.
Part II - Protected plants.
Part III - Plants which may be imported or exported under licence.
The above text shows only the table of contents extracted from the original document.