LAWS OF SARAWAK
FORESTS ORDINANCE, 1958
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
2A. Transfer of licence or permit to be allowed in certain circumstances.
3. Power to constitute forest reserves.
4. Notification of proposal to constitute a forest reserve.
5. Proclamation by Resident.
6. Prohibitions in proposed reserves.
7. Determination of claims by District Officer.
8. Appeal. Review by Resident.
9. Extent of rights to be defined.
10. Acquisition of land for inclusion in forest reserve to be a public purpose.
11. Withdrawal of a proposal to constitute a forest reserve.
12. Notification declaring a forest reserve.
13. Local publication of notification.
14. Extinction of claims.
15. Modification or extinction of rights and privileges.
16. Modification of rights conceded under section 8.
17. Claims to compensation barred.
18. Acquisition of rights.
19. Transfer of rights.
20. Power to stop way or watercourse.
21. Acts prohibited in forest reserves.
22. Prohibition as to fire.
24. Revocation of forest reserves.
25. Power to constitute protected forests.
26. Notification of proposal to constitute a protected forest.
27. Proclamation by Resident.
28. Inquiry by District Officer.
29. Ratification of rights.
30. Prohibitions in proposed protected forest.
31. Final notification of protected forest.
32. Local publication of notification.
33. Extinction of claims not admitted in the notification.
34. Rights admitted to be defined and to be subject to control by Director.
35. Minister to have same power as in case of forest reserves.
36. Acts prohibited in protected forest.
38. Power to constitute a protected forest a forest reserve.
39. Revocation of protected forest.
40. Power to constitute communal forests.
41. Resident to publish Proclamation.
42. Claims to be heard.
43. Procedure after hearing.
44. Proposal may be withdrawn.
45. Notification in Gazette.
46. Community to maintain communal forest.
47. Removal of forest produce.
48. Power to revoke notification of constitution of communal forest.
THE TAKING OF FOREST PRODUCE
Forest reserves and protected forests
49. Powers of Director.
State land, other than forest reserves, protected forests and Government reserves
50. Workers of forest produce to be licensed.
51. Workers of forest produce to be licensed.
51A. Cancellation or suspension of licence or permit.
52. Royalties, premia and fees.
54A. Employers to insure.
55. Special licences may be issued in certain cases.
56. Exemption of and payment of royalty by casual workers.
57. Timber trees not to be used as fuel.
Government reserves other than forest reserves or protected forests
58. Government reserves.
59. Alienated land.
61. Permits personal to holders.
62. Licences, etc., to be produced.
64. Removal of forest produce after expiry of licence.
65. Timber and other produce for domestic use.
65A. Trees and timber produce for scientific research.
66. Sawmills and certain plant to be licensed.
67. Power to provide that timber exported shall accompanied by a certificate of inspection.
67A. Power to imposed production limit and restriction on sales of timber.
PENALTIES AND PROCEDURE
68. Power to arrest.
69. Power to hold inquiry and require attendance.
70. Power to compound offences.
71. Power to seize forest produce and other property.
72. Procedure on failure to pay fees or royalties.
73. Sale of perishable property seized.
74. Disposal of property seized in respect of an offence when the offender cannot be found.
75. Disposal by court of property connected with forest offences.
76. Power to stop, examine and detain forest produce.
77. Penalty for trespassing in forest reserves.
78. Penalties for offences in forest reserves and protected forests.
79. Penalties for offences in forest reserves and protected forests.
80. Penalty for illegal collection of forest produce in other cases.
81. Penalties for revenue offences.
82. Penalty for converting timber trees to fuel.
83. Penalty for illegal export of logs.
84. Penalty for offence concerning Government marks and property marks.
85. Penalty for unlawful possession of forest produce.
86. Penalty for unlawful possession of forest produce not bearing or bearing property mark.
87. Double penalty in certain cases.
88. Liability of partners, employers and of officers of a body corporate.
89. Compensation for damage caused by commission of an offence.
90. Eviction from forest reserves, protected forests and State land.
90A. Senior forest officers to exercise powers of eviction, etc.
90B. Offences relating to obstruction of road.
91. Abettors liable to penalties.
92. Power to withdraw charges and release property seized.
93. Cancellation and suspension of licences and permits.
93A. Rewards, etc.
FIRST SCHEDULE - Produce taken under licence.
SECOND SCHEDULE - Produce taken under permit.
The above text shows only the table of contents extracted from the original document.